Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stupid tooth

My left bottom gum was swollen since Tuesday and became worst on Wednesday mid night until I couldn't sleep. So I went to dentist yesterday morning. The dentist couldn't do much because I'm in 3rd trimester now. I couldn't take a lot of medicines, so he only gave me Paracetamol to ease the pain and antibiotic Amoxicilin. My gum is still swollen. I have to wait for few days for it to recover before I can go for tooth extraction.

I read articles from net and most of it do not suggest wisdom tooth extraction in 3rd trimester as it may cause premature labour. Also, due to pregnancy, dentist can only use local anesthetic such as Novocain or Lidocaine that will not cause any problems with the baby. But I'm still worry about the surgery and healing process... I hope the pain will go off and I can defer the extraction to be done after delivery.

I wonder why it is named wisdom tooth as I don't see wisdom but stupidity. It always cause problems and I think it should be named stupid tooth.

Jo was having migrain yesterday. Still, he accompanied me to see dentist, bought me coconut drink to relieve the pain and swelling, and cooked me lunch and dinner. Thanks to my dear hubby Jo!

No comments: