Thursday, July 02, 2009

Again... I admitted to hospital

It was my third day back to work after 2 weeks rest. On our way back home, I was sitting at the back and felt something ‘flowing’ out from the bottom. I wasn’t quite sure what that was. Jo noticed my face changed and insisted me to check. It was blood, more than last time, in brownish red.

The first thing came into my mind: I may deliver soon. Instead of heading straight to hospital, I asked Jo to send me home to take shower as I can only take shower at least 10 days after delivery. When we reached the hospital, I know what was going to happen. Just like before, I was wheeled into the labour room and followed by several check-ups.

Doctor came later and had another round of check-ups. He checked inside and said there was no bleeding. Those bleeding and blood clot I just had, according to the color I mentioned, may be those left over from last bleeding. Compared to last round, I found this round was not as serious because I was allowed to eat, to toilet and no steroid jabs were given. And, I was transferred to normal ward after 2 – 3 hours observation in the labour room.

Again, I made my family and friends worried, especially Jo. I know he doesn’t really agree to let me resume working but he knows me, so he stays beside me and carefully looks after me. I know he wasn’t happy this time but he didn’t complain or blame me.

Actually I am going to discuss with my superior regarding my working time and arrangement this coming Friday. I am requesting for lesser days to office and work from home. I know Jo is very worried everyday when he sends me to work. And I think he will be happy if he knows about the surprise. But I just don’t have enough time to do that before things happened.

No more surprise, I am going to work from home. Jo Junior is now 34 weeks old and we have another 6 more weeks to go. Jo has less worry now and he is counting days for Jo Junior’s arrival…

No comments: