Friday, June 30, 2006

The Pretender

We have a lot of pretenders around us. My definition of "pretender" mostly refers to strangers. For example, a girl or a guy we saw in the shopping mall or cafe. Well, maybe I should give some examples:

Say you are sitting alone in a cafe and looking at people around you. There is a guy sitting alone at another table. He found that you are looking at him and he thought you are looking at him with some admiration. He starts to behave funny. He pretends he doesn't know you are looking at him... he pretends he doesn't care you are looking at him... and he pretends he is cool and tough. So, this "he" is the pretender.

Another classic example is: a guy is in a LRT station... while waiting for LRT, he looks around. He found a girl standing at the other side. Just that one look, the girl thought the guy finds her attractive. So, she starts to pretend. Same thing, she pretends she doesn't care but she actually does. She looks to other side, pretends to be elegant or cute... And the worst is she thought she is pretty!

Those pretenders I mentioned above are rather passive. Some pretenders are quite active in a sense that they will catch your attention by doing something "owesome". But, they thought that is cool! For example, a girl would say something she thought funny and laugh out loud to catch a guy's attention. For any normal people like you and me, we may only want to find out what's going on without any other intention. But with that one look, the girl then thought she got it! So, she will continue acting funny and say funny things...

I am not a pretender. At least, I don't think I pretend in front of anybody. And I don't find any pretenders among my friends. But I am always naughty when I see these pretenders. And I have different tactics towards different type of pretenders.

For passive pretenders, I will catch their attention by giving them a long look. So, they thought I am interested in them (Indeed, I am! But is not the way they thought!). I will then slowly enjoy the result I got. I will see how they react, and give some response, when necessary, to fulfil their imaginations. Well, this could make them happy for a whole day... so, why not? Sometimes, the result I got can be quite entertaining!

For active pretenders, the best tactic is "don't look, don't hear, and don't talk"! They want me to look at them, NO WAY!!! They think they are pretty or smart, I will make them feel that they are not! I am interested in anything but them. With this, they will start feeling uneasy and I will get the result I want. You can see the change in their actions and expressions. And, this can be even more enjoyable and entertaining than the previous one.

I like doing this. It's like a game and i'm controlling the game! I admit I am naughty and bad. I know I am. That's me, Fion C!

No comments: