Friday, June 30, 2006

I hate ghost movie

There are a lot of ghost movie in the market nowadays... especially these few years. I just can't figure out why these movies suddenly become so popular in the market... and there are new ghost movies coming up every now and then.

Well... I'm not the fan of ghost movie. I just don't like watching ghost movie. The very old fashion chinese ghost movie always click with the chinese zombie - "Jiang Shi" in mandarin, or "Keong Si" in cantonese. They looks very unreal and funny. They will jump here and there with their hands up all the time... and they all wear the same clothes with the same expression. These ghost movies are not scary but boring.

Later, I found some development and improvement in chinese ghost movie. There are no more chinese zombie but a ghost looks more like real human. I mean look more like you and me... well, that's scary! With the development in sound technology... the sound effect sometimes is the element that scares me off and not the movie itself. It's like something showing on the screen and out of sudden "yie~~~~ BANG BANG"!! So, I am frightened by the sound effect and not the scene. By that time I calm down myself, the scary scene already over.

And now, those ghost movie not really talking about ghost but with some objective behind the scene. The producer is trying to convey some message... it's not just about ghost! Well, this is a good sign as ghost movie becomes more meaningful! But, I dislike watching ghost movie even more. Ghost movies nowadays look so real as if it will happen around you and me. I hate that!

I am a female, there is no doubt about it. And, I am a female with full imagination. I still can recall one of my experience after watching those "looks-real" ghost movie. I thought I will like ghost movie after finding they are getting more meaningful. So I watched one of it... and after watching it... I began my imagination. The movie already over, and it was late at night. And I was sleeping alone in my room. I CONTINUE THE STORY MYSELF!!! Oh gosh!!! I think my story line is even better than the producer of that movie... I brought all the character into life and to my room... argh! And after that, I don't watch ghost movie anymore! The most scary part is not the movie itself, but my imagination after the movie! Erm... that's not very good!

So I would suggest people with full imagination like me not to watch ghost movie, unless you like that feeling! As for me, don't ever ask me out for ghost movie. It won't work! Never!

I prefer comedy!

No comments: