Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am 4 years younger...

It is time for annual medical checkup! My company has arranged it for all employees and I went for mine this morning. This is my first medical checkup after delivery...

Similar to any other medical checkup, they will need my blood and urine. I like this medical checkup because they also check on body age. Basically, I just stand on a machine, to which they key in my height and my actual age. The machine then takes my body weight and fat content. Base on some magical formula, I get my body age.

There is another test I like - lung age. Again, there is a machine to which they key in my data. To perform the test, I need to inhale as much as I can and give a loud and big exhale into the machine when I am ready, and continue with smooth and long little exhale. The key point is to blow out big air at the beginning and maintain it with long continuous exhale until the end, to show your lung is in good function.

The results from these two tests will normally become a hot topic in our office. Everyone will be talking about it and laughing at each other. In fact, I like these two tests because I enjoy looking at how we react to it. We always have a big laugh!

Here comes my result: my body age is 25 years old this year - 4 years younger than my actual age but 7 years older than last year body age. And guess what? My lung age is 51 years old!! Ha...

No comments: