Sunday, August 23, 2009

First night with Jayden

We decided to let Jayden sleep with us last night to practise how to take care of him at night before the confinement lady leaves. It was the first night with Jayden, and we had everything ready... pampers, cotton buds, warm water...

At 9:30pm, I fed him with breast milk. This could last him for two hours. Next feeding time was around 11:30pm and I decided to feed him with formula milk so that he could sleep longer, so do Jo and I. Jayden was good last night and went straight to sleep after I fed him.

Later, he woke up around 3am and I fed him breast milk with lying position so that he could fall asleep immediately after he feels full. With breast milk, I need to feed him every two hours. Next feeding time was 5am and 7am.

I have no problem with the every two hours feeding session. But Jayden isn't a quiet sleeper. He always looks grumpy and makes a lot of noise while sleeping. And this made Jo a difficult night and both of us look like panda this morning. Ha...

We will have many more nights with Jayden and I hope his 'grumpy sleeping style' will improve later so that all of us will have a quiet night.

No comments: