Friday, May 01, 2009

Going home...

We are back to Jo's hometown - Kuala Terengganu. I always enjoy the time here as people are nice, food are delicious and life is relaxing. In fact, I always take this as a good opportunity for me to really take an off from my work and to set my mind free. However, due to long travelling time, this is only the second time we come back after married.

I always long for food that hardly found in KL, especially nasi dagang and Chinese keropok. The first thing we had for our first breakfast back home was nasi dagang, a special rice from Malay cuisine that served with fish and cucumber pickles. Next, we ordered 100 pieces of Chinese keropok to be brought back to KL. And that 100 pieces may not last for a week for the 2 of us, depending on how much we crave for it.

Another activity I enjoy the most here is doing morning marketing with my mother-in-law in China Town or pasar (local market). We really had a great one this morning! We managed to get 10 nice and cheap local made batik sarong back home. Out of the 10, 3 is for my sister-in-law's friend, 3 is for my friend who is delivering in June, 2 is for my sister who loves batik and appreciates the art a lot and 2 is for myself to be used during confinement. And I plan to get a good piece of batik next trip to make myself a nice batik cheongsam.

We are going back to KL this coming Sunday and I'm going to cherish the time we have here.

No comments: