Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Komodo Dragon Walk vs Cat Walk

Jo said I walk like a komodo dragon nowadays. I don't even know how a komodo dragon looks like, forget about its walking style. According to Jo, a komodo dragon doesn't move its legs forward but sideway-forward when it wants to move forward.

I found a picture of komodo dragon. Komodo dragons are the heaviest living lizards on Earth. They can grow to a length of 10 feet, with an average length of 8 feet and weight of 91 kg. Females are usually under 8 feet and weigh about 68 kg. They have long flat heads with rounded snouts, scaly skin, bowed legs, and huge muscular tails. And they are in endangered status now.

Despite of all the information above, look at its left-front leg! It really walks in the same way as Jo described!

Well, I don't deny that I'm doing komodo dragon walk. I have a very valid reason for that - I'm 27 weeks pregnant! What do you expect from a pregnant woman who is carrying a big heavy abdomen? And guess what? I realised most pregnant women do komodo dragon walk! Hoho, that means I'm normal~

Don't worry my dear Jo! I will do cat walk after delivery... ;p

Click here to know more about Komodo Dragon.

2 comments:

magdalene said...

Errr.. sorry to spoil your illusion.. normally, also you don't catwalk... :P as I noticed, your normal stride is a little bit "opened" which now when you are pregnant, is more noticable.. hahaha.. :P

Fion C said...

Mag, you are right! Haha... That's why I said I will do after delivery...

Erm... maybe not exactly cat walk but close to it... my then normal stride should be a little bit "closed" rather than a little bit "opened" after delivery ;p