Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chocolate almond cupcake

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I never like muffin. But I always like cake. And I think something as small as muffin is easy to bake and easy for my consumers, so I started looking into cupcake. I got a book of cupcake recipes with more than 100 recipes. Jayden was attracted by the book when he saw it. He loves the book. Almost every night before we settled everything and went upstair, he would pick up the book and ask me about the recipe, one by one. Little that I know he was trying to understand each of them better so that he can choose the one he likes. At the end, he chosen chocolate hazel cupcake.

I have all the required ingredients except hazel nut powder. But I have almond, which was bought for chocolate almond stick, another order from Jayden. And I feel the texture will be very plain if I use powder instead of the real nuts. I decided to use almond.

Jayden was very excited when I announced "Mummy is going to make your chocolate almond cupcake!". He gave me a big hug and said 'Thank you mummy!' with a touching facial expression, so drama! Of course, he is still too young to differentiate between hazel nut and almond, or to remember what he ordered was actually chocolate hazel cupcake instead of chocolate almond cupcake. The key word for him is only CHOCOLATE! 

The preparation is quite similar to muffin and very easy. It took me less than an hour to complete everything, including baking. Jayden is always very helpful in kitchen stuffs and was with me all the time, witnessing every steps I took in realising his order from picture to real cupcake.  

Ingredient A
125g butter
100g brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)

Ingredient B
130g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp chocolate powder
50g almond chips

Ingredient C 
60g chocolate chips

1. Beat butter and sugar of Ingredient (A) until smooth. Add in eggs slowly.
2. Mix in Ingredient (B), mix well.
3. Mix in Ingredient (C), mix well.
4. Spoon fill 3/4 of the paper cups.
5. Bake at 150 degree Celsius for 20-25mins 
6. Cool cakes

Remember to always preheat the oven before baking, and use your instinct to decide whether to bake longer or shorter than the given instructions. You can keep the cupcakes in room temperature (consume within 1 - 2 days) or in fridge. You get to taste the almond covered by melted chocolate chips if you keep it in room temperature, or the harden chocolate chips if you keep it in fridge. I like both.

No comments: