Thursday, March 08, 2012

My first baking experience - Raisin Muffin

I never like muffin but my first attempt in baking starts with muffin. Well, I can explain this. It is actually a matter of convenient and easiness. It doesn't need perfect or accurate measurement or a mixer, and my friend claimed it is VERY EASY! I thought I should start with something that is VERY EASY to build up my confidence in baking... so... ya... let's start with muffin :)

I was very excited back then. I dragged both Jo and Jayden to the bakery shop to buy all the required ingredients. I may look I know a lot in front of Jo, but I was totally lost the moment I stepped into the bakery shop. It is a big bakery shop with not very helpful shopkeepers. And maybe they have too many pro-baker customers that they expect I am also one of them. I basically had to go round and round the shop just to find things and make sure what I found is what was listed in the recipe because I had no idea at all how those things look like. Still, I managed to get my shopping done, phew~

Next is the baking itself! It is actually VERY EASY, thank goodness!! It is just like one of the masak-masak time we had back then, mix everything and that's it! With most of the time spent on measuring all the ingredients, hand mixing itself only takes less than 20 minutes...

 
BEFORE: Just put it into the over. To decorate a bit, I put raisin and chocolate rice on top of each muffin.
 And in the oven for about 20 minutes...

AFTER: Ta~da~~~ Hot yummy raisin muffin.
It looks nice and taste nice too. As it is for own consumption, I have put in a lot of flax seeds and raisins. Jo and my mum complained too many raisins but Jayden finished the whole thing himself! Well, I just have to say I can't please everyone but I think it is a good try! Yeah!

2 comments:

Hung Yew said...

dapao for me!

Fion C said...

Why post the same comment twice? So hungry?? :P

Will let you try next time :)