Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nursing harmony

Jayden and I are back to nursing harmony!

Jo found me a few useful articles about nursing strike and I think these may be reasons causing Jayden on nursing strike:

(1) Cold or stuffy nose that causes breathing difficult
(2) Discomfort from teething
(3) Fear that mum may yell when he bites during nursing

Jayden has stuffy nose recently, also teething. He bit my nipple once during nursing and got my warning from doing that. What I have to do is to tackle those reason one by one.

I started using Sterimar that helps clearing his nose, massaging his gum that helps easing his teething pain, holding him more often to have more skin contacts with him. Jo also created games which allow Jayden to realise that nursing is actually fun and great! Little by little, we finally got Jayden back to my breast last Wednesday night.

The first time he accepted nursing after nursing strike, he sucked for nearly 40 minutes non-stop!! But I had to carry him in craddle hold and walking while nursing him. Two days later, he was ok with lying position. And after few more days of monitoring, I finally convinced myself that my boy is back to normal. In fact, Jayden enjoys nursing more than before!

No comments: