Thursday, October 04, 2012

18 September 2012 (Part 1)

A day that I will never forget, I marked it "Unforgettable" in my calendar and will celebrate it annually with joy and great memories. My baby girl was borne this day...

My EDD should be 24 September. Jo and I were hoping of no early delivery because we are expecting a Libra instead of Virgo. But my instinct told me she will be out any time soon because I can feel the contractions became more and more frequent. I was still working as usual, walking across the street to Pavilion for lunch with my colleagues, doing some last minute shopping for the house and hubby... Of course, I need to walk slower when the contraction came and back to normal when it released.

On 17 September, I took a longer shower than usual. I packed stuffs that I need to bring to hospital. I finished all house chores and items that were listed as Outstanding Task in my handphone. Somehow I could feel and know it, she is coming out... That night, I told Jo that I may deliver earlier and informed my mum to get ready to come over if I need to go hospital. 

When light was off and my two boys were sound asleep, I was thinking if there are anything I should have done before I deliver. My mind was running, and I was counting the interval between one contraction and another... 30 minutes... 20 minutes... 15 minutes... 

I got up from bed, took out the bag I packed earlier and changed myself. When the interval became as frequent as every 10 minutes, I woke Jo up...

"Dear, we need to go hospital now. I think I'm going to deliver..."
"Huh? Now?"

Again, Jo was as blur as the first time when I said the same thing to him 3 years ago. But this time was less drama... no shouting from toilet and no bleeding, haha!

Before we left the house, I got Jo to take a photo of myself...
39 weeks pregnant look

No comments: