Thursday, October 01, 2009

Made in China

I went to Meizhouwan, Fujian for work for the past five days and there was no direct supply of breastmilk to Jayden. To keep the production, I have to pump it out. And I decided to try my luck to bring it back home for Jayden - breastmilk made in China!

Frozen breastmilk can last for 3 months. It can last for 48 hours after defrost. So I requested a favour from the hotel cafe to freeze my breastmilk in their freezer and took it out on the day I checked out from the hotel. Then I kept the frozen breastmilk in a cooler bag, wrapped it well with a thick jacket and put it into my luggage bag. Considering the travelling time from hotel to the airport, from Fuzhou to Malaysia, and from KLIA back to my house... my breastmilk could probably partially defrost. Jayden must finish it by the following day.

I managed to freeze and bring back close to 30 ounces of breastmilk, and dumped 4 ounces that failed to freeze.


30 ounces are just nice for Jayden's one day requirement. I am glad I did it!

No comments: