Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Tsenguun




He was 4 years old when I sponsored him. A cute looking little boy, with bear patches on the trousers he was wearing. He drew me his country… big field, great mountains and beautiful rainbow…


A year later in 2006, I received his progress report. He drew me his living area… small working cart, a little girl, his house and shiny sun…



In 2007, he told me his favorite subject is drawing. He sent me a greeting card. I like it so much I put it in my office.

This year, he started his primary education. He got 1st grade in his study, and his favorite subject is Mongolian language. He likes watching movie and playing with his friends. He told me the highlight of last year was that he acted Superman in the New Year Party. He looks very happy!

Unlike previous years, this year he drew me a concrete building. Looking back at all his drawings, I wonder whether they reflect his surrounding well. If so, great mountains are now further from his house, trees and flowers are now lesser and no more Mongolia yurts but concrete buildings.

We are bringing them civilization, but are we taking the green nature from them? Somehow we must find a balance for both.

No comments: