Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Quick pancake

I can't remember exactly when Jayden started pestering me about making him pancake for breakfast. When I say pestering means real pestering, every now and then, keep asking, non-stop!!! And I only made him his first pancake about 3 months later. I couldn't believe he could ask for the same thing persistently for 3 months (and I could stand for it and put aside every time he requested for 3 months, what a mother I am!). It was a classic pancake I made for him, i.e. with flour and sugar and salt. It tastes like any normal pancake and I think it isn't something to be excited about. He stopped asking for it thereafter.

Lately he has this pancake fever started again!!! This time I made him a variation, I call it 'quick pancake' because the preparation is super fast and EASY!! What you need is banana and eggs, 1:1 ratio.

Preparation:
1. Smash banana (over ripe banana will be better)
2. Beat eggs
3. Mix smashed banana into eggs, stir well
4. Scoop the banana-eggs and grill it using sauce pan (without oil), on small fire
5. Turn to the other side when it doesn't stick to the pan (normally about 1 min or less)
6. It is ready to serve when both sides turn light brown

Jayden loves this quick pancake... yummy yummy!



No comments: