Saturday, September 12, 2009

Colic Jayden

What I worried the most happened! Jayden is having colic!

He is a lovely little angel during day time but turns into a grouchy and ill-tempered baby at night. His face turns very red while crying and it is non-stop. He will fall asleep after some time of angry crying but awake after 15 - 30 minutes and start crying again. He seems to be always hungry and searching for milk, but he cannot drink well. And that irritates him more and crying becomes angrier.

We hardly can do anything to calm him except carrying him around and talking to him. It is very stressful to have a colic baby at home especially when you are not prepared. Luckily Jo and I know about colic and manage to prepare ourselves for it.

We have been feeding Jayden colic drop given by doctor for last few days but I don't see much improvement. So I started feeding him gripe water that we bought ourselves. I found gripe water is more effective! After taking gripe water for two days, the grouchy and ill-tempered baby seems to cool down and I see my lovely little angel is coming back!

Jayden just had his night meal and the feeding was smooth. Jo and I feel happy for him and for ourselves! Tonight should be a good night for us!

No comments: